This morning, I woke up early and went for a run. Something that I’ve recently introduced back into my routine along with clean eating to get myself primed for the dreaded 30s. A new season that is fast approaching for me as today marks the last month of my 20s. I am approaching this new decade with a mix of excitement and anxiety. I’m sure I am not alone in this.
When I turned 20, I had this idea that my 30s would be the time when I would know where my life is heading. That I would be at the peak of my chosen career. While I can admit, that I’ve had quite a few “career” wins this year, the last 2 years with the pandemic and lockdowns were truly a setback and I, for a while, regretted the loss time. In saying that, what I’ve learned over the past 2 years is this. I can’t rewind time, or make up for those losses because if I do, I will miss out on enjoying all the things that life has to offer. Anxiety does nothing for anyone. Life will happen whether or not I’m ready for it. Today, I am choosing to focus on all the wonderful experiences that have made up my 20s.
- Metting Panda and Milka for the first time and adopting them.
- Developing deep and meaningful friendships with some incredible people.
- Working for myself and having the flexibility to set my own schedule (not that I have more time).
- Opened up a boudoir studio in a commercial space at the centre of Wollongong.
- Met some wonderful humans through photography and especially Boudoir.
- Graduating from University and working in the industry for some time.
- Tuesday night dinners with Matt’s parents when I was working in Kiama.
- Bought my first house together with Matt.
- Renovated a fire pit and a studio while learning new skills in the process.
- Having the most bitter-sweet, emotional wedding, being married and adjusting to life with Matt and Milka.
- Babysitting our nephews and getting late-night cuddles from the two of them.
- Feeling more connected with my extended families in 2020 and hopefully reconnecting with them now that it’s “over”
- The many trips to Indonesia to visit my grandparents and the rest of the family.
- Seeing Icha twice in
- Travelling to China, Japan and Singapore in my early 20s and experienced all the amazing sights and food with my family.
- Travelling to Europe with my dad, being able to not only experience the beautiful countries but to be able to spend much-needed time with my dad after he was away for so long.
- Experiencing Japan with my family and Matt and seeing Matt light up at every new experience.
- Travelling to New Zealand and visiting:
- Lake Tekapo and seeing the sun rise over the Church and finally releasing my grief over 2020. It was life-changing. Seeing the stars there at night was like I’d never seen stars before.
- The deer park in Queenstown, NZ and having the whole entire place to ourselves was simply unreal.
- The Fed in Auckland and Best Ugly.
- Travelling to Tasmania and visiting:
- Taste of Tasmania festival.
- Bridestowe Lavender Field while it’s in bloom.
- Adam’s distillery Gin Flight.
- The monkeys in Launceston.
- Being able to take my mum for a short holiday to Tasmania again and being extreme tourists.
- Survived 2020/2021 and discovered some amazing role models to help me grow as a person.
- Started gardening and flower growing and finally developed interests that are outside of work and learning.
I hope in my 30s, I continue to learn, travel and grow as a person. To continue and strengthen my relationships with my loved ones and spend as much time with them. My 30th will be a fresh new beginning, not an end. The best is yet to come.